Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Way To Extinguish House Fires?
Quote:1. Outside of the fire house or wherever a helicopter is kept.

2. The shape of the houses don't matter as long as you have case big enough.

3. It wouldn't work on every house, so does that mean you shouldn't use it on the houses it does work on?

4. Construction companies? Not sure on cost but the money it could save would make it worth it.

5. See 3.

6. See 3 and 5.

7. The government. A normal helicopter would hopefully be able to carry it.

8. The glass case could be kept near the helicopter and even hooked up at all times. Even if it's not connected at all times, a few clamps and it's ready to go. Also, helicopters can fly at 120+ miles per hour. If it's a small house fire, obviously it wouldn't be needed, but it sometimes takes firefighters hours to put out house fires, so this would cut down on time by a great deal.

9. They'd obviously have to get people out first.

10. Like what? Unless there's a tornado or hurricane, why would weather matter.

Quote:(02-25-2022, 10:43 am)TecmoBengals Wrote:It's all about the Benjamins baby. Innovative ideas often cost money and a public service couldn't keep up with the costs of flying around helicopters and everything else you proposed.

You wouldn't need to fly around helicopters all the time because how often is there a house fire that would require it?

1. About the only possible efficient location would be a rural area. Large cities usually have multi floor buildings You gonna build cases for an 80 story building?
2. Shape definitely matters If the building(s) have just one section far taller you run into the problem of not enough oxygen burning off in time. You might put out fire in top floors while lower floors continue to burn long after you think the rest if has to burn off efficiently otherwise you're wasting your time. This could also lead to super hot spots. Perhaps pumping water in with the case,dome or whatever, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the case. There are just way too many unknown variables not taken into account.
3. There is already a proven method for putting out fires. In most places they call it water, aqua, etc.. Why fix what ain't broken?
4 I'm sure construction companies would love the loss of revenue so much they would probably stop building anything entirely.. Shocked
5-?.. At this point I'm losing track of numbers, but it sure is mighty convenient to ignore all exterior items such as landscaping, trees especially. We have a lot of yellow pines here that would have to be cut down before the place even catches on fire not to mention brush here grows like weeds. A crape myrtle can grow up to and over 10 feet in one season. Suppose you have several fires all on the same day..That's happening more and more often.. Power lines? Houses built on the sides of hills and mountains? What do you tell those residents? Sorry? We no longer put out fires on hilly landscape?

?..

Even so, with that many fires, it seems like this would be a great idea if it works. That's quite an assumption. As a tax payer, and we have quite a few around the nation I wouldn't settle for IF IT WORKS. There are already more reasons against this stroke of genius so in my book you would have to put up all the money upfront out of your own pocket to prove it works first and assume all risk and lawsuits if it doesn't work.. Can you buy SEVERAL THOUSAND helicopters and all the glass cases. Thinking something is a great idea and it actually being a great idea are not mutually exclusive.I know this because i nearly went into bankruptcy a few times as a young, dumb and full of cum 20 something year old myself and creditors are not particularly sympathetic when your idea fails. As my father often told me sympathy is between shit and syphilis in dictionaries,,

Once again aqua is a proven method. A giant glass case is not..

10. just a mildly strong wind would make it very difficult to land such a case

You're really great as vastly underestimating several environmental considerations.

In conclusion go back to the old drawing board and keep trying. I have nothing against you having new ideas. The very majority of new ideas by a HUGE margin are simply failures. Nothing to be ashamed of, but unless you can fund your new ideas or just catch lightning in a thimble the odds of success are not as good as you think.. Bankruptcy court is often full of great failures..  Something else Brad..There is no shame to being wrong, however refusing to admit to being wrong when you clearly are wrong can often carry a lot of shame. It would serve you well to learn the difference. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Way To Extinguish House Fires? - grampahol - 03-03-2022, 11:04 AM