Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-03-2022, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The way he is immediately behind Jordan, then Smith, then Adeniji....The coaching staff seems to HATE guys that don't simply take to coaching...that is, do things their own way.  He pancakes one of the biggest DTs in the league, and had some solid PFF rankings early, but was always moved behind the other guys that, frankly, we have not really seen the flashes.  

Add all that up and you have mental (attitude) and consistency (technique) issues.  I don't see any other way to rationalize it.  

What do you mean behind Jordan, then Smith, then Adeniji?

Carman was behind Jordan in the offseason because Jordan was the incumbent starter and Carman was the newly-drafted rookie.
If the Bengals didn't feel at least somewhat confident in Carman, they would have likely kept Jordan.

I don't see Carman being behind Smith at all.
In fact, I think Smith is the low man on the totem pole.
Smith was active all of two games last year, starting only the final game vs CLE where the Bengals put in backups.
He only had 50 snaps the regular season and only 12 in the postseason.

We've already heard from coaches before why Adeniji was getting starter reps over Carman.
It was due to consistency.
I'm not sure what attitude problems you've seen/heard, but I haven't seen any reports of that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - ochocincos - 03-03-2022, 11:21 AM