Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-03-2022, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here we go with the "common sense" argument again.

The fact is that almost every NFL and college coach will bring defensive players up to the line in the gaps in short yardage situations because it is easier to get penetration.  It does not help to just move a player to the side if there is penetration all across the line.
You obviously don't understand things like laws of motion.

If I am standing straight over you and you fire off directly at me, it is tougher for me to block you to one side because you have a stable force coming from your back.

If you're on my left shoulder and you fire straight off, it is easier for me to push you to the left because you don't have a stable force pushing from the back left.
(03-03-2022, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So your position is that "obvious running situations" do not even exist?

I thought that your entire argument was based on "obvious running situations".

If they do not exist then you have no argument.

If 4th and one is not an "obvious running situation" then please give me an example of an "obvious running situation".

Fourth and one was no longer an obvious running situation, especially at that point in the game.

You don't understand situational football and try to twist words because you think we're all too stupid to see when you have stupid arguments.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - BFritz21 - 03-03-2022, 02:51 PM