Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-03-2022, 03:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Incorrect on Smith.  He was poised to take over for Carman before an injury derailed his season.  I don't have the article, but that happened.  And they were both rookies, and Smith was drafted behind Carman.

I don't know that it was attitude, but it was something in his approach that he chose to be out of shape and perhaps believe the job was his from the word go. 

Carman being out of shape was a problem no doubt. Didn't help him at all and he got put in the dog house early cause of it.

D'Ante was looking really good in the Preseason before the injury and he was playing LG. What is crazy is I always thought of 
D'Ante Smith as more of an OT, I don't know if he plays on the right side or not, but if he can D'Ante has nice size and longer 
arms than Carman. He could be a thought at RT in the future, D'Ante came along much faster than I thought he would as I 
always thought of him as a starter years down the road once he grew into his body.

Between these 2 I like our future depth at the very least. Hand placement is Carman's problem along with inconsistency, not 
attitude though. Never heard that, he just screwed up and came in out of shape in TC last year, big mistake and it set him back.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-03-2022, 03:23 PM