Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL or DT Possible 1st Bengals Pick
(03-03-2022, 04:29 PM)puddycat Wrote: There is a ton of youth on the OL.  We tend not to cut people under contract unless we have to.  This is a unit that needs veteran leadership.
OTOH , we don't have a penetrating IDL on the roster.  We seem set at DE, but like CB, it's always a position of need.

If we follow through on free agency, we will be drafting a developing player.  DT takes longer than OL to develop.  In general, OL seems harder to find in FA than any position but QB.  I just want to see BPA, and production over potential.

I have to disagree with you saying DT takes longer to develop than OL.   O Line takes way longer to develop. It takes years to build a good solid O Line.  O Line is a very hard position to learn.   It's a lot harder to Block for the QB than to rush the QB.  Plus not get flagged for moving before the snap or holding. 

I am also not into Best Player Available.  We are not picking early like the losers we have been.  Super Bowl means you pick last.  By Pick 31, the Top 5 and Top 10 Players are long gone.  At Pick 31 there really are no Best Player Available.  You take the best players to fill your Needs Areas.  A Blind Man can see the weakest area of Bengals is still O Line.  Burrow is getting killed back there.  

Even if they get a Free Agent O Lineman, we should be able to get a good Blocker first pick, and Burrow needs all the help he can get back there. The beating Burrow s taking, he will have a very short career, and good luck drafting a QB as good as Burrow if he gets early career injured.  

The Longest Yard :   Protect The Super Star

Football 101 in grade school on up :  Protect The Quarterback.

The Bengals still don't, so BLOCKING has to be the Main Focus.   Burrow needs as many good Blockers as they can add.  Better Blocking means Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd will score a ton of points.  The best defense is a good offense.  

Burrow is the most sacked QB in the NFL. Before him it was Dalton. Before Dalton it was Palmer. Don't blame these QBs because the O Line stinks up the place. Get some BLOCKING on this Team, and THIS TEAM could be a DYNASTY TEAM. Mike BROWN IS WRONG, You Do Need Good Guards. The day of the messenger guards are long over. You want your best Blockers in there, not a bunch or rotating stiffs. I liked Paul Brown, but Mike Brown needs to know that the you can't just run anybody out there to block. Maybe Greg Cook injured so early showed you can't just change guards every play like they don't matter. Mike Brown saying Why Pay A Guard all the time, anybody that doesn't understand having a good O Line will get many QBs killed and have many losing seasons. ALL DYNASTY TEAMS HAD THE GREAT O LINE, from the Packers on to The 70's Steelers to the 80's 49ers and Washington to the 90's Raiders and Cowboys, DYNASTY TEAMS HAVE SUPER O LINES.

Non Football people who never watch the NFL, but watched The Super Bowl, now know The Bengals Weakness. They can't Block. They are going to get Burrow career injured very soon if they do not address it in a big way. It's not just The Super Bowl. The Browns, Steelers and Ravens will kill Burrow if Bengals don't get Burrow much more Blocking, and I mean Much More Blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OL or DT Possible 1st Bengals Pick - kevin - 03-03-2022, 05:25 AM
RE: OL or DT Possible 1st Bengals Pick - kevin - 03-03-2022, 08:00 PM