Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
Sorry to be a thread necromancer, but it's better than starting a new one. As I stated earlier in this thread, the NY AG's attempt to "dissolve the NRA" was pure political theater. I also added that it was proof of ill intent on her part beyond the scope of her office, but that's a separate matter. In any event, the bench officer completely concurred with my assessment of the huge overreach by the NY AG (a woman clearly angling for higher office, again IMO). In their ruling the bench officer stated;

The Complaint does not allege that any financial misconduct benefited the NRA, or that the NRA exists primarily to carry out such activity, or that the NRA is incapable of continuing its legitimate activities on behalf of its millions of members. In short, the Complaint does not allege the type of public harm that is the legal linchpin for imposing the “corporate death penalty.” Moreover, dissolving the NRA could impinge, at least indirectly, on the free speech and assembly rights of its millions of members.

A clear rejection of the obvious partisan, and self promoting, nature of the AG's attempt. If you are so inclined you can read the entire ruling here;

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fiapps.courts.state.ny.us%2Fnyscef%2FViewDocument%3FdocIndex%3DpedNynJ0u4uutvj%2F_PLUS_l6Uig%3D%3D

Now, as to the allegations of fraud, etc., I'm all for going after anyone in the NRA leadership who committed a crime. I've let my NRA membership lapse and have told every call trying to get me to rejoin that I wouldn't consider doing so until Lapierre and his cronies are gone. But the attempt to dissolve the organization was pure bullshit and the judge absolutely recognized this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-03-2022, 08:29 PM