Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous Agent Wants His TE To Play For Us
An anonymous agent is saying that his tight end wants to play for the Bengals, according to a ProFootballFocus writer at the combine:

Quote:“Completely unprompted, an agent for a prominent free-agent tight end told PFF recently how badly he wanted his client to sign with the Bengals and play with quarterback Joe Burrow.”

That could be just because he knows that we have a lot of money to spend but also maybe he thinks that Burrow would make his client look good and build his resume for a future contract, but, either way, it's good news!

Quote:This is a bit different compared to players like Rob Gronkowski expressing interest in playing for Burrow. Agents play arguably the biggest role in where a player ends up in free agency since their job is to net their clients the best deal possible.

But if one agent is adamant about his client coming to Cincinnati just because of the quarterback instead of the financials, then he may not be alone.

There’s an argument to be made that Burrow can lure free agents to the Bengals. Money will always be a factor to some degree, but if interest in playing with the third-year quarterback is as strong as the perception is, Cincinnati may be able to save a few million and still sign quality talent around him.

We’ll see how effective this strategy is when free agency ensues in two weeks.

Like I said, they may want to come here to play with Burrow and be on a winner, but that makes it sound like they'd choose playing with Burrow over money, which is hard for me to believe.

I think it would have to be a young guy like Gesicki or Shultz, but who knows.

I hope it's true and that Burrow is attracting all kinds of players that want to be a part of his HOF career or even just to chase a ring!

It doesn't seem like the agent is doing it just to make other teams offer more because he's still unknown right now.

I do pray that we go all-out to bring in offensive lineman before we even think about a position like tight end.

There's more in the article.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anonymous Agent Wants His TE To Play For Us - BFritz21 - 03-04-2022, 03:33 AM