Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-04-2022, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is called physics and I do understand it perfectly.  If you hit me at an angle then you will move me at an angle but my forward motion will carry me into the backfield not sideways down the line.  That is why it is easier to get penetration into the backfield by lining up in the gaps.  If you don't believe me thne just ask any college or NFL coach who lnes up his players in the gaps on short yardage siutations.
You obviously don't understand it because a player that gets hit at an angle will lose some momentum and get knocked off balance and fall over unless he's pushing back at the blocker, in which case he's not just shooting the gap. 

If lining up in the gap meant that they could run into the backfield untouched, don't you think all defenders would do that?

It's also very hard to keep their balance if they're just firing off and running straight into the backfield but getting hit from the side. 

You obviously don't understand physics unless you're just ignoring them and lying.
(03-04-2022, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand situational football more than you.  And here is how I will prove it.

Give me an example of an "obvious running situation".  Don't tell me what "isn't" one.  Tell me what "is" one.

Your explanation for why Bengal RBs were more successful in short yardage situations running from the shotgun was based on the difference between "obvious running situations" and other situations.  So I just want to test your answer to see if you have a clue what you ar talking about.

So, Mr "Expert on Situational Football", give me your definition of an "obvious running situation".

An obvious run situation would be like the play on third and one from midfield that we are talking about with under a minute to go in the fourth where you want to take the least risk and the easiest way to get a yard, which would be running the ball in between the tackles.

You throw out insults and the name calling like a child because you think I'll think "oh, he must really know what he's talking about if he's willing to throw out insults," but, like so many times before with me, you're going down in flames.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - BFritz21 - 03-04-2022, 04:51 PM