Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-04-2022, 04:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If lining up in the gap meant that they could run into the backfield untouched, don't you think all defenders would do that?

Actually it is exactly what most defensive coordinators do in short yardage situations.

And what the hell are you talking about "run into the backfield untouched".  So sad that you can't address what I actually said and instead have to make up stuff like this.

(03-04-2022, 04:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You obviously don't understand physics unless you're just ignoring them and lying.

You are clueless about force, angle of rebound, and angle of incidence if you think an offensive lineman striking a defender driving into the gap will push him sideways and eliminate penetration.

(03-04-2022, 04:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: An obvious run situation would be like the play on third and one from midfield that we are talking about with under a minute to go in the fourth where you want to take the least risk and the easiest way to get a yard, which would be running the ball in between the tackles.

What do you mean "like".  I need a definition I can apply to all plays so I can test your theory.

What exactly makes a play an "obvious run situation"?

Down?

Distance?

Field position?

Time remaining?

Score?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - fredtoast - 03-04-2022, 07:02 PM