Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-04-2022, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is exactly what most defensive coordinators do in short yardage situations.

And what the hell are you talking about "run into the backfield untouched".  So sad that you can't address what I actually said and instead have to make up stuff like this.

Actually, and once again you have absolutely no football knowledge. On short yardage, defenders typically line up heads up so they can play two gaps and also because, like I said, if they're on the side of the o-linemen, it is easier to push them to the side.

And running into the backfield untouched comes from you saying it's easier for them to get into the backfield if they're in the gap, which works good in theory, but the linemen aren't going to not block them because they're lined up in the gaps and it is also easier to knock them off balance.

You accuse me of making stuff up because, once again, you have no clue what you're talking about and you're going down in flames.

(03-04-2022, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are clueless about force, angle of rebound, and angle of incidence if you think an offensive lineman striking a defender driving into the gap will push him sideways and eliminate penetration.

I didn't say it would eliminate penetration, but it would knock him off balance and make it easier to stand him up and slow him down, unless he changes his angle to hit the offensive lineman straight-up. 

(03-04-2022, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you mean "like".  I need a definition I can apply to all plays so I can test your theory.

What exactly makes a play an "obvious run situation"?

Down?

Distance?

Field position?

Time remaining?

Score?

All of those things, like I explained.

This entire post strengthened my points, so I thank you ThumbsUp

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - BFritz21 - 03-04-2022, 07:31 PM