Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Get To Look At Blockers In Combine Today On Friday
ESPN and most Mocks have Bengals taking Bernhard Raimann, the Blocker out of Central Michigan. That is if Steelers don't take him first. Steelers and other teams are moving in on him. I saw him run in the Combine today. My brother called, so I didn't get to see as much. They didn't show the weight lifting part. Bengals use to rave about what a Blocker bench pressed in work outs before the draft. I can see that, good foot work, explosive off the snap, and very strong. Now just because ESPN and others say Bengals will take Raimann with their 1st pick, does not make it so. Still, he looked like an upgrade to Bengals O Line, from what little they showed of him....When younger he was a Tight End. That could be a plus. Big enough to be listed as a Blocking O Lineman, but able to line up as a road grading Tight End and catch a few passes when needed. The Steelers are now very interested in him, but I would think with Big Ben gone they would be in dire need of a new young QB.

That is as much of Combine as I will watch. I saw what little they showed of THE BLOCKERS, which Bengals need.

The Next KEY DATE is around March 15th. Bengals run out of time on using the Franchise Tag, and Free Agency Starts. The Combine is important, even if some on here don't think so. All these NFL teams are at the Combine every year for a reason. They don't show up because they love going to Indy.

Oh Yes, NFL Network said not many top RB's, but O Line Blocking is DEEP in this years Draft. That is good news for a Bengals team looking high and low to protect their young star quarterback who they have already got his knee injured since a Bengal. I would say a combo of Free Agents AND draft picks needed brought in to Protect Joe Burrow. The good news is that THIS is a good year for Blockers, per NFL Network. The Bengals should be able to get a good one, even at pick 31.

My Prediction. Bengals had to take Chase. Bengals make up for not taking Sewell by going O Line in Round 1 the very next year in 2022. The name being mentioned is Bernhard Raimann out of Austria and Central Michigan. So Bengals had to take Chase over Sewell, but NOW they take a Blocker to make up for it. Burrow the most sacked QB in the NFL needs PASS PROTECTION.

To those who say Bengals have Prince, Burrow might as well have the 1980's singer Prince blocking for him. Every year Fans on here always rave about some guy that couldn't block your grandmother, and claim we don't need to draft O Line. I know it is more exciting to draft other positions. Nobody gets excited over drafting Blockers. Still, Joe Burrow needs some Pass Protection, he is getting hit more than any other QB in the NFL. How important is keeping Joe Burrow healthy ? I say it is the most important thing Bengals need to do to Win. With just a little more Blocking, Burrow could have got Shooter McPherson in range to kick Super Bowl tying Field Goal, but the Blocking Was NOT there. Bengals were lucky Burrow got up off the ground as often as he did, the Doctor did a good operation and knee brace. Maybe that doctor should be Bengals MVP, he did more to protect Burrow than the O Line did.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Get To Look At Blockers In Combine Today On Friday - kevin - 03-05-2022, 07:04 AM