Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Ruckert In The Mid-Rounds?
(03-05-2022, 04:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Jeremy Ruckert wasn't used a whole lot at Ohio State but still had 26 receptions for 309 yards and three touchdowns this season.

He's 6'5, 250 lbs with TONS of potential. He's not overly athletic but he's also not a statue. He's a great possession receiver at tight end and does well at running routes.

If he could do it all over again, I'm sure he would choose somewhere other than Ohio State to play, but the mistake could pay off big for us if he falls to us in the fourth or even fifth round.

Only two drops in his entire college career and would be a great red zone target. He can also make the tough catches.

With three great receivers and Mixon at running back, we don't "need" a dynamic receiver at tight end, but we do need a reliable guy that can move the chains, be an outlet for Burrow, and be a presence in the middle of the field when defenses sell-out to stop the receivers on the outside.

I'd still like to go after a guy like Gronk but he could develop behind one of those guys and even get some solid catches. There's also no guarantee that we'll get a free agent tight end that's worthwhile.

Ohio St TEs have not fared well in the NFL, at least when it comes to being good receiving threats.

I'm going to say something that I think a lot won't like, but Ruckert gives me Drew Sample vibes.
Remember, Drew Sample was considered a sleeper at TE that was underutilized as a receiver too.
He tested very well leading up to the draft - https://ras.football/2019/12/15/drew-sample-ras-17634/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Ruckert In The Mid-Rounds? - ochocincos - 03-05-2022, 05:54 PM