Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(03-06-2022, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You have a link for all that?

You don't think our offensive line was horrible?

You also left out the statistics when they have 8 in the box and a DT as good as Donald and all also having a line that can't pass block so they don't fear the pass.

It's pulled from a programming language called R, using a library called nflfastR. R is a data analytics language and you can essentially write queries for situations to pull data from, looking like this..

[Image: vF6kM0D.png]

Here is a link to the website for nflfastR, but it won't tell you anything. It just describes the package. nflfastR is just a play-by-play library that goes back to 1999 and allows you to perform analysis on the data.

https://www.nflfastr.com/

The dataset that you're asking for is likely so specific that there would be no recorded statistics, or very few (I would guess less than 10 data points) so it would likely be worthless. I could probably put something together for all of that criteria aside from having eight in the box. There is no box information provided in this data library. 

EDIT - I never said our offensive line wasn't horrible, so I am not sure why you asked that question. I just said you would have to define what constitutes as horrible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy answer to our short yardage probems. - KillerGoose - 03-06-2022, 04:09 PM