Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-07-2022, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's unfortunately how free agency works. Some guys get overpaid. Then, you wait out the big spending and can sometimes get value.

Center...with only 2-3 good ones, likely will be red water trying to sign one of the top ones.

I guess I don't find C to be such a pressing need that the Bengals need to overspend for one.

Here are the starting-caliber C's I see in FA:
  • Jensen
  • Ben Jones
  • Bozeman
  • Brian Allen
  • Nick Martin
  • Mason Cole
  • James Daniels
Nick Martin is very similar to Hopkins (good pass block, bad run). Cole is kind of the opposite.
James Daniels hasn't been playing C with the Bears but did come into the draft as a C.

There are also a few C's from the draft that could end up starting and do at least ok.
  • Linderbaum (duh)
  • Dylan Parham
  • Zion Johnson (was taking snaps at C at Senior Bowl)
  • Alec Lindstrom
  • Cam Jurgens

Given the Bengals already have Hopkins in place, I'd be ok with them sitting with Hopkins as the incumbent starter and possibly look to draft his long-term replacement. You can always look to move Hopkins to OG or release him if the draft pick comes along well out of the gate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal - ochocincos - 03-07-2022, 03:32 PM