Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Post Combine Full Off-season)
(03-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Center is a very deep position group in this draft class that's why I specifically targeted a Center in the 2nd. I expect a rookie and second year player to be starting on a rebuilt Bengals offensive line with two solid free agent signings.

I know people expect 3 offensive line signings to fix everything but the reality of that isn't likely especially with how contracts are expected to climb this year and of course competition from other teams over offensive linemen.

I have no problem drafting a center, but i do have a problem having him start with no backup.  We've seen the Bengals luck with lineman lately - especially those not taken in the first part of round 1.  

You can expect a rookie C and 2nd round OG to start, but right now there is nothing that gives me any confidence that Carman is a viable option at RG in week 1.  He was terrible.  Hopkins at least hit his stride later in the season coming off injury, cutting him and moving to a guy that's never played in this offense and is taking a huge step up in competition is just not a great idea for this team.  Maybe 2 years ago, but we can't afford to risk that this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Synric's Mock Me (Post Combine Full Off-season) - Hammerstripes - 03-07-2022, 05:58 PM