Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-08-2022, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing is both Spain and Carman seem much better at LG and there is a reason for this. Some OL like one side over the 
other and when you have played on the left side most all of your career it is really tough to move to the right and especially 
to go from Tackle to Guard while doing it. I think both the coaches and Spain being the starting LG hindered Carman.

I truly think if we have Carman just start at LG this year and keep him there we will see the growth we want.

It was odd. Carman made that monster block against the Ravens in the first game too that sealed it on the long Perine TD.

He made numerous big blocks last year that just made him stand out in a great way and then he would get inconsistent 
again in pass protection cause of his hand placement playing on the right side was giving him trouble. Had a few more 
penalties than Adeniji too which must of been the only reason for Adeniji to start.

Still I didn't like it. I will take a few more penalties over a RG that just consistently gets pushed back all the damn time.

I do wonder if Carman feels more comfortable with hand placement, feet, and shuffling from the left side compared to right.
I know that most people say an OG should no issues playing at either LG or RG, but Carman specifically might find it easier on the left.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - ochocincos - 03-08-2022, 04:49 PM