Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-09-2022, 01:36 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Jensen had a PFF of 70.1 while giving up 2 sacks.  Bozeman had a PFF 73.3 while giving up 3 sacks.  Ben Jones had a PFF of 77. 8 while giving up 1 sack.  I dont think Jensen is that much better than either of the other 2 especiallly if he wants 13 million a year.  He is not elite talent.  He is good and would be an upgrade but he is not worth anything close to 13 million.

Karras mainly played guard last year so it may be a little harder to judge his PFF numbers, although he did play the full 16 games at center in 2020 with Miami.  I think Karras would probably be a good addition because of his versatility at center and guard

Jensen is great and may get way north of 13M which I would oppose. It is common knowledge he is top 3 and neither Bozeman or Karras are in that conversation.

I do like both with a preference of Bozeman over Karras, even though he's not the perfect fit for the wide zone. But his pass block win rate was #2 amongst centers and this was his first year playing center in the NFL.  Karras would be an upgrade. Neither are culture changing impacts like a Jensen who would provide tenacity and leadership we havent seen since Rich Braham.

Just my humble opinion.
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal - casear2727 - 03-09-2022, 01:49 AM