Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson
(03-09-2022, 01:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals would have to seriously change the way they do business to make the Bates FT, a JC deal, a starting TE and 3 tech, and necessary OL upgrades work under the cap.  They would need to drop some serious money on signing bonuses and guarantee a ton of money at signing to get those first year cap hits down to squeeze them in.

That said, we are in uncharted waters at this point.  Mike Brown has never been this close to a SB before, so trying to predict what exactly he might do is tough.   

It will certainly be interesting to see what they do at this point.

I mentioned this in a FA thread that the price tag for CJ is going to be a little higher now then a lot of people around here will like with Schultz, Njoku and Gesicki all getting hit with the tag. Still some good names to be had, but I have a feeling CJ will get a nice contract from either the Bengals or someone else.

Hopefully the Bates issue gets resolved and they extend him so he isn't playing under the tag but it seems like the guaranteed money issue might be the hold-up. 

Sadly, I really think they're going to end up much like last season where there is a lot of articles linking them to the top tier OL guys, but then watching all of them be priced out of the Bengals comfort zone. The team then getting a few tier 2-3 guys and crossing their fingers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson - Murdock2420 - 03-09-2022, 04:15 AM