Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson
(03-09-2022, 12:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nothing before linemen.  I won't argue which particular ones because I don't know them all that well, but you absolutely have to make the line much better.  We ripped on Apple, but I'm guessing he was nowhere near the worst corner in the league.  Sign depth CBs maybe, but you have to make the line much better.

I understand and support the "nothing before lineman" sentiment, but at what cost for the quality of player? NFL.com offers these are the top FAs:

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2022-who-are-the-best-nfl-players-available

Basically only Armstead (1) is viewed as better than Jackson (2). Other free agent OL rank within the 10 to 15 range but are those guys on the same level of talent as Jackson? I'd be content if Jackson was signed instead of Armstead and then some money was still allocated for getting Bozeman or Jones at C instead of Jensen as the higher rated C.

If I'm Duke and signing players for this year and beyond, Jackson might be a better investment than Armstead for cost and productivity.

Anyhow, it's all fun info to think about so the Bengals can improve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson - TecmoBengals - 03-09-2022, 01:08 PM