Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(02-25-2022, 08:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sucks, but cut him. Would like him as a backup Center but he is too expensive for that.

If Hop could play OG even close to as good at Center this would be an option but he just isn't good at Guard from what I seen.

Weird, Center is the more complicated position but he is much better there...

Personally I'd rather build up both guard and tackle positions than to jettison Hopkins . It's not a forlorn conclusion that the Bengals will run right out and spend huge amounts of cash for a FA center when last year the biggest weakness of the oline was clearly not Hopkins himself. He had just come straight from ACL surgery and other than the first few games did pretty good. As it sits right now Hopkins is a steal at the center position compared to say the RG or RT positions. At 6m per for a center who helped you  get in the super bowl ? You take that deal every day of the year and never even think about looking back.  The only reason you don't take the deal is if some HOF still in his prime center takes a huge pay cut just to snap the ball to Burrow.. That ain't happening. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - grampahol - 03-09-2022, 02:04 PM