Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes we could sign Oline and CJ Jackson
(03-09-2022, 10:48 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I'm not the O Line only crowd, but I am in the O Line priority crowd.  I don't mind us grabbing a CB2, but between needing a corner, IDL, and OL, it seems to me to make more sense to go after a CB2 for 6m to 8m a year.  Additionally, zone CBs are better scheme fits for us, and there are a few CBs that meet both the scheme and salary I outlined above.

Rasul Douglas
Casey Hayward
DJ Reed

If we get a talent like JC Jackson, I won't be upset.  But I don't value the need for JC Jackson compared to these other options as highly as having the difference to grab another DT or O Lineman.

I've been on Rasul for awhile now.

Hayward is still solid, although aging a little.

DJ reed is very effective but his little size seems to go against Lou's ideal CB.

Darious Williams of the Rams and Chavarius Ward of KC are both very solid depending on the dollar amount.

Carlton Davis is one no one is talking about most likely because of price tag but he is a big tough physical corner.

Steve Nelson is very serviceable.

Donte Jackson may be the best value around 10M.

I assume Bradberry is on the watch list in case he is cut....?

The 2 I have been told about personally are Ahkello Witherspoon (Steelers) not a lot of snaps but very productive when did play and very inexpensive.  Some PITT guys seem to believe we have an inside track for some reason, he did play with Awuzie in college. 

On the opposite end the Carolina insiders think Gilmore's people will reach out to us as they say he mentioned us in a nonprofessional setting regarding an opportunity to win a ring.  

All of these with the exception of Witherspoon (an unknown) are an upgrade over Apple in my opinion.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes we could sign Oline and CJ Jackson - casear2727 - 03-09-2022, 11:33 PM