Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hobson’s annual disappointment cap article
(03-09-2022, 10:44 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I was thinking the same thing regarding Burrow's contract. These next two years of his rookie deal is the teams chance to go all in on the Super Bowl. I honestly just tune Hobson out. 

If people want to read/watch/listen to a more realistic speculation on what the team might do roster wise the next 2 months, they'd be better off finding someone other than the reporter employed by the Bengals. His job is to "under promise" the fanbase so when the Bengals "over deliver", there is more buzz (or less of a let down). It's also posturing from the team reporter/coaches/owners/etc to help with contract negotiations. 

I was listening to Cincy 360 and they had a capologist as a guest that believes after year 3 (!) the Bengals will offer Burrow the extension.  He said they did the same thing with Palmer.  

Although this move makes sense to lock him in sooner for longer, it does shorten the window of his rookie contract.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson’s annual disappointment cap article - SHRacerX - 03-10-2022, 09:05 AM