Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oodles of cap space
(03-10-2022, 10:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to Jason LaCanfora..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/small-but-encouraging-update-on-bengals-pursuit-of-offensive-linemen/ar-AAUR0gz?ocid=msedgntp

I know, we've all been over this topic ad nauseum around here.  It still cracks me up that Geoff Hobson portrays the situation like the Bengals will barely be able to keep the lights on, while much of the NFL world sees the Bengals in a position of financial leverage in the current free agent market.

Admittedly, I did not read Hobson's article but saw the summaries here. John Sheeran had an interesting take on the OBI podcast last night that Hobson's job isn't to provide speculation/nuance in his annual cap space article. As a Bengals employee, he's given the flat explanation of the numbers and that's what he passes on. He's not going to mention that the $7.5M allocated to the draft class really is actually a smaller # because of the small contract sizes of later round picks. Or mention Waynes and possibly Hopkins getting cut adding to the cap amount. Or that there can be creativity involved in contract terms.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Oodles of cap space - SunsetBengal - 03-10-2022, 10:11 AM
RE: Oodles of cap space - Schmitbuck - 03-10-2022, 10:42 AM
RE: Oodles of cap space - SunsetBengal - 03-10-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: Oodles of cap space - Schmitbuck - 03-10-2022, 11:14 AM