Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes we could sign Oline and CJ Jackson
(03-10-2022, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well that's the big difference.
Mike Brown inherited the team from his father, and he was a part of the organization before he became owner, so a majority of his life has only been with the Bengals.
Many other teams have owners who got their wealth outside of the NFL prior to purchasing their team.
I believe Bengals are one of the (very?) few franchises whose ownership is still with the original family.

With that said, ownership has the funds necessary if they chose to spend it. They just choose not to.
It's their preferred mode of operation.

Of course the entire first part is true.

But how can you state that we can do what other teams can knowing there are no other funds available like other teams have?  Do you think MB has been hoarding a ton of cash?

The Saints cleared $52M in cap last year on restructures that cost them almost twice that much in cash.  Do you think we actually have a few hundred million in an account to be used to get out of cap hell?  Maybe we do, but it hasnt seemed like it.  The Rams owner can throw 50-100M of his own money in and they rework the cap in one day.

It would be great to see our balance sheet, I think only Green Bay makes theirs public?

We will find out once JoeyB's full base and bonuses start hitting us in a few years.  But I agree we should be ok, I just dont think we will ever be able to push the envelope as much with the cap sd others.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes we could sign Oline and CJ Jackson - casear2727 - 03-10-2022, 12:10 PM