Poll: Hopkins to OG if a C is added?
Yes, move him to OG
Release him
Keep him at C, he's fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG?
(03-10-2022, 03:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'll give Adeniji a break, as he was injured, was forced to play guard instead of tackle and the plan all along was to develop the guy not have him start in the SB.  That said,  I wish he wasnt that horrible.  He did gain a lot of experience, as did Carmen, and Smith got some quality snaps,  We would be much better off if these guys could really step up and become reliable, at least one must become a solid starter.

Also:  You really like Brian Allen?

Brian Allen's pass pro numbers/issues (especially in true pass sets) would make me very wary of signing him. He's not a guy I would feel comfortable with being the anchor of this line for the next 3-4 years.

I would be stoked with a Jensen signing because of his leadership, experience and attitude...but even he wouldn't come without any concerns. One would be how effectively he will translate to the wide zone. The other is his performance in true pass sets, where he actually finished behind Hopkins this season. Even with those concerns though, he's a much better fit than Bozeman and much more reliable than Allen.

Ben Jones may be the best overall fit, but they may avoid him because he'll be 33 when the season starts, unless he comes at a very reasonable price and could just be a short-term bridge for a year or 2.

A much cheaper option could be Ted Karras. He's not necessarily great at anything, but he's a solid vet who's fairly reliable in pass pro and would allow them to draft a C and not be forced to start them right away.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worth Moving Hopkins Back to OG? - Bengalholic - 03-10-2022, 03:44 PM