Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-10-2022, 08:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $10m/yr

Cowboys already paid his signing bonus when he signed the deal, option bonus in 2020 when they picked it up, and his restructure bonus when they did the restructure, leaving just a $10m/yr annual base salary. It's actually strange because supposedly the Cowboys are only clearing $1.35m in cap space this year. Granted they get $15.25m off next year.

Collins might be the best answer for RT the Bengals will find. There were good FA options for all three IOL spots, but I had thought that RT would have to be addressed in the draft. Using a draft pick to get Collins might be just as good if not better.

This.  I don't care what he did while recovering from hip surgery and on crutches.. and I don't care that he bluffed his way into free agency when he was questioned about a murder in which he was not a suspect and it pushed him down boards.  The injury itself worries me and I would expect the Bengals staff to work overtime on their due diligence.  But Collins is a top RT (not a converted LT) who is under contract for 3 more years = same years as Joe Burrow.  IMO this would be the answer to our prayers and we wouldn't even have to give up a 1st rounder.  Mixon should be pounding the table for this guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins - puddycat - 03-10-2022, 09:25 PM