Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher Education Act Renewal
(06-05-2015, 10:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't have a real big problem with my daughter's tuition at Ohio State.  It's like $10,000.  Don't get me strted on the cost to live on campus though.  What a racket.  She will be in an apartment this year.  as a sophomore, she qualifies for a $6500 subsidized loan.  She doesn't qualify for any other kind of aid.  We pick up the rest with an unsubsidized loan which will include enough to pay for her apartment.

Yeah, the tuition there isn't too bad. The further north you go the higher the rates typically get. Ohio has some other issues with regards to college tuition though. There have been a decreasing number of Ohio residents graduating and attending Ohio public universities. Because of this, they have been offering resident rates to non-residents of Ohio in an attempt to pull them in. This could cause a moderate increase in resident rates at Ohio universities in the coming year as the money brought in at the non-resident rates is what helps make up the budget, but we shall see.

I did notice their room and board rate was high, though. It's got us beat by about $3k for the year, but tuition is roughly the same.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Higher Education Act Renewal - Belsnickel - 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Higher Education Act Renewal - Belsnickel - 06-05-2015, 11:27 AM