Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foster girls who’d been victims of sex trafficking endured abuse at state shelter
(03-10-2022, 11:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: For those inclined to agree with Dino's disgusting effort to make this a political issue, I provide you with some extremely disturbing instances from California, that hotbed of far right ideology.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-01-19/dcfs-la-county-noah-cuatro-anthony-avalos-gabriel-fernandez-full-coverage

Please note that these are only the instances that managed to make the news. Now, let me please say that CSW's (Children's Social Workers) are overworked, have a mentally agonizing job and, in the vast majority of instances do their very best. I have close professional colleagues who work for DCFS, and one of my former officers started their adult career as a CSW. Literally during their orientation trainings they are taught how to deal with the mental breakdown they will, not might, have. It's a rough job, no one likes to see children suffering. Also, with one exception from my experience, the children involved still love and admire their parents, and view those removing them from the home as the real villains. I've been in homes with dead animals and feces strewn about the home. I've seen children who were kept in pet kennels for years, to the point that their limbs had atrophied from lack of use. I will spare you the details of the sexual abuse I have encountered during the course of my job, none of you need to hear that.

So you will hopefully forgive me for taking umbrage when someone tries to turn the suffering of children into yet another attempt to demonize those they disagree with politically. It's nauseating, self serving and worthy of the highest levels of contempt.

I saw the Gabriel Fernandez story on Netflix or something. It’s hard to believe people like that exist.

Yes we don’t want children’s services taking kids out of their homes at the drop of a hat but good Lord did they drop the ball there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Foster girls who’d been victims of sex trafficking endured abuse at state shelter - michaelsean - 03-11-2022, 06:42 PM