Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-11-2022, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I didn’t hear or read him say that and I follow him religiously but I’ll take your word on it. He’s got Pollack to consult so we will see. But this I know for 1000% fact almost from his mouth to my ears he loathes giving up picks.

I'll try to find it, it's one of those post SB vids.

There is not one guy in this draft after pick 30 that can step in and do what Collins can.  May be the Top RT in the league.

But not only that, the thing people are not discussing is his cash savings.  Any FA we sign will cost millions in cash - Armstead would have been 60M, JC 70M.

We currently have 70M in cash (not cap) we will most likely spend. This goes to signing bonuses, which for us offsets the extra year of guaranteed money that always holds us up.

Bates being tagged hurt a little on the cap but saved us a minimum of 25M in cash he would have received upfront with an extension.  Our 1st Rd pick this yr will only cost us about 7M (Chase cost over 20M last year), adding Collins we save another 10M most likely.

So now if there is a bidding war for Jensen or we want to upgrade from Conner Williams to Corbett or Eli Apple to Donte Jackson, etc we can.

If this insane trade happens we will get so many residuals with players who can play this season.  

Last year we had 10 draft picks, 3 played a lot. 2 were great 1 wasnt.  7 picks did little to nothing for various reasons.  Never value pics over a dominating tackle under 30 with zero guaranteed money and a salary of 10M for 3 years... 

It's too good to be true, and the timing picking next to last every round is perfect... it's so good there is no way it happens, lol.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-11-2022, 09:36 PM