Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was a little more than just a simple PED suspension. He only received 2 games initially, but he appealed upon appeal the tester asserted Collins tried to  bribe him. Thar shows a willingness not to take ownership of his actions. And that's the character issue I think this team will have with him.

Everyone reading this thread knows how good LC is on the field, but we must consider the message it sends to the locker room. Does the message of "we're doing everything we can to protect Burrow" outweigh the message of "all that high character talk was a bunch of BS".

Personally I've said if he comes with no guaranteed money and we could get him for a mid-round draft pick. But I' not going to snarkily assert that folks that want nothing to do with him are "resident experts".

Finally...NEVER, EVER spell Bobbie's name wrong again..

So he misled someone questioning him about missing 7 tests out 187, I dont see that as a huge character flaw that could destroy our locker room.

A couple misses he did have very legitimate reasons, like his strength coach died the day he was supposed to be tested...

If this guy was a boy scout we would have no chance at him.  We have over 60 players, not all are going to be angels.

I think the concern of a drug test or doing something stupid is valid.  That said he is a couple years older now, could have learned from that, has Pollack, has DJ Reader and a solid locker room, he also has Willie Anderson...

I dont think it would cost #31 straight up, most likely Dallas would have to add their 2nd and a late pick to get our 1st.. unless Miami or the Raiders offer their late 1st round picks.

I would be thrilled with Collins and a 2nd round pick (56) and a 6th.  (This was a guess by a couple Cowboys insiders today that thought would seal the deal.)

I would hope that a 3rd for Collins would be the actual trade.

Regardless, the reward is much greater than the risk because his contract allows us more cash and flexibility with other free agents.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-12-2022, 02:15 PM