Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 02:10 PM)Stewy Wrote: True, but it takes two to tango, and regardless of the agent relationships, I just don't see our FO wanting a guy with APPARENT low character in a position of authority on the team.  I think if they have two guys with nearly equal skills, they'd pay a premium for character, and Collins is questionable.

We'll see.

I was reading on ESPN that if they structure a trade so that it is effective after June 1 (or cut him after June 1) then the cap hit changes from 9mil before to 1mil after, so the Cowboys may do a deal quickly, but it likely won't be effective until after June 1.  

I am sure there are those that understand it better than me, but June 1 is a magical date for all trades/cuts/releases.  Same with Watson, cutting or trading him after June 1 saves the Texans over 16mil on the cap.

All of this is true but...

There is not one tackle remotely close to this guy's skill level (Armstead is not an option) available in this years free agency market.

He missed 7 drug tests out of 180 and then tried to get himself out of the situation by lying/bribing or whatever. It's not like he is remtoely close to some of the idiots we have had here.

Yes they save more money after June 1st.  You know what happens before June 1st?  The draft.  They want draft picks instead of just letting him walk, doing this before free agency is best as it totally impacts the draft for other teams, like us.  The Cowboys do not care about the cash this season, they are planning for a windfall next season...

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-12-2022, 02:21 PM