Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 04:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, so he had an injury 2 years ago.

He mislead someone inquiring as to why missed 7 drug tests out 187 (its known he had smoked weed) but also had a couple legitimate misses.

Dont be upset with me let's just talk through this.

What player that would be available at 31 or later would make a bigger impact this season and next than the top RT in the league?

Why would we want to sign a lesser RT in FA that would cost us more cap and use up cash we could use for other free agents?

How could we ever get a better deal than zero signing bonus, zero guaranteed dollars, cap hit of only 10M, and on contract for 3 years (our SB window) for the highest tier tackle?

Honestly, I wouldn't give a first either.  I also doubt we would need to.  Browns just got Cooper for peanuts from Dallas.  Jerry is bailing contracts.  We might not get Collins for a 5th and 6th, but I'd offer a 3rd or 4th and see if that dog hunts.  If they are contemplating releasing him, then they might have to take what they can get.  

The monkey wrench in this thinking is that OL are in high demand, so maybe Collins has teams competing for his services.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - samhain - 03-12-2022, 04:28 PM