Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 06:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may not see it, but it's been explained numerous times. This team and locker room put an emphasis on high character players. La'el has shown to not be of high character. Not only do we have the case of him trying to bribe a team official we have him saying if a team drafted him after the first round he wouldn't sign with them.

If you're Zac what do you tell a locker room to who you've preached high character when you bring this guy into the locker room? It has to be more than just Cap when Dallas is considering cutting/trading "the best RT in the NFL" who's under contract for only $10 MIL. 

Hell Tyron Smith is older, cannot stay on the field, and costs about $18 Mil per year and we don't hear them talking about trading him. As you like to say: Tell me why?

As to who is better at 31; who knows? Ryan Ramczyk was taken at 32. 

Zac himself said the locker was strong enough to handle a player which may go either way.

The biggest problem is so many with this opinion seem to be uninformed of the nuances as shown in this post.

It was absolutely the right move for him to say he wouldn't sign with a team if he was drafted in the 2nd or later if you know the reasoning.

His bribe was telling a tester he'd "hook him up if he ever tested positive for weed" which is no longer illegal in the NFL.

This is comical after watching our QB get destroyed and losing a SB trophy that we have these Saints that think that since the best RT in the league told a guy he would hook him up (no witnesses, no money ever exchanged) that his value is not up to our standards.  

It's simply frustrating to read for years how bad our oline sucks and now is the window and then to see this response when the best option ever is presented for us to make multiple runs at the SB.  The amount judging of this guy for his "offense" is embarrassing in my opinion.  I do hope the Bengals take advantage of it.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-12-2022, 06:36 PM