Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB 2022 The beginning of the end ?
(03-10-2022, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ugh....

-Advertisement patches on uniforms/advertising helmet decals.
-Expanded playoffs.
-Pitch clock.
-Banning the shift.

Am I getting old? Because I am starting to hate what MLB is becoming.
Yep. We're all getting old. NONE of the games we grew up playing and watching are even close to the same.
Add in bigger bases and I have no problem with any of the changes except for the DH rule. I love the shift in a strategy sense but I absolutely hate what it has done to the game of baseball.
(03-10-2022, 09:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Baseball is trying to make money and keep fans interested. I like some of the new changes. Lets see how they play out.
Yep again. Every American based sports league has learned A LOT from MLS and European soccer business wise and also how they interact with fans(very much like the younger Blackburn this year). It's been happening for awhile.
(03-11-2022, 06:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too

I remember seeing stats over last couple seasons and the number of at bats that end in a home run, or strike out have went up like 2,000 % over the last several years.

It's just not fun anymore.
I 100% agree . . . please watch the video below and Jayson Stark addresses that after Rich Eisen makes pretty much those same complaints. These changes are to help some of the numbers in the game that have been falling and rising in all of the wrong directions. My jaw dropped when they said how many singles a MLB team averages in a game.
(03-11-2022, 07:15 PM)treee Wrote: Pitch clock is pretty cool. It was annoying how some pitchers would slow the game to a crawl when the opposing team's bats were heating up. The faster pace will help with growing viewership and potentially increase the offensive output across the league.
When you're team is on their toes ready to play . . . they usually are more attentive and alert at the plate. I always got the ball back from the catcher, stood right back on the rubber and was waiting for the batter to get ready for almost every pitch I ever threw and coaches would use me as an example to the other team mates on how I got so much run support.

One pitcher would get the ball in front of the mound, take off his glove and rub the ball like Robert Stephenson while walking around to the back of the mound, step up and S . L . O . W . L . Y take his time to shake off a couple of pitches, finally get one he likes, takes a big breath, goes into his windup, delivers the pitch.

Ball 1

Go through the whole routine again

Ball 2

We're standing on our heels, bored to death and we're playing the game.

This video slightly addresses that as they tried the pitch clock in a Double A league.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MLB 2022 The beginning of the end ? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-12-2022, 07:30 PM