Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-13-2022, 11:03 AM)phil413 Wrote: Boyd and Gronk go hand in hand. You're not turning down Gronk on say a 7M deal if he really wants to play with Burrow. Boyd could be the means to get Collins, keeping the high picks.  Still negotiating with CJ gives you a dynamic two TE attack in light of our OL and red zone woes in the post season. Change how you use the position rather than seeing it as 16M towards how the position has been used already. 

You could argue that WR is the deepest position available in both the draft and FA.  There are a lot of 5M range vets that can be a band aid on the way to having RT fixed.  You can also move Chase all around still especially if an average vet is descent at both the slot and outside.  Burrow loves using an empty backfield, so when Mixon/Evans line up wide in this set they're still a threat to motion back and run out of a 2 TE set with an improved line.  I like Boyd, but I like capitalizing on this more.  

I mean, I could get on board with that if it happened, but that's a whole lot of moving parts.  I see Gronk as basically a means to having a player that's a red zone lock on the roster.  There's just no way a DB is going to cover him regardless of their technique.  Well, maybe Derwin James, but that's about it.  My only issue with him is that you go in knowing that he's not going to play 17 games.  

Idk.  I don't see Dallas sitting there at this moment in time trying to bail salary jumping up and trading for a player like Boyd who would come on board with a decent-sized salary.  It would kind of defeat the purpose of what they are doing.

16 mil is a lot to put into a position that doesn't really require a huge investment to move this team forward.  If I'm dumping Boyd's salary it's to enable them to afford a 2nd or 3rd quality free agent OL.  You can still backfill him in the draft if this happens.  

I think it's all highly unlikely either way.  I'll be shocked if Tyler Boyd isn't a Bengal in 2022.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - samhain - 03-13-2022, 11:41 AM