Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-13-2022, 01:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: The cowboys have been reported to saying he’s going to be a post June cut if he’s not traded. I think they would take anything they can get. The only thing the cowboys have to consider is if a cap saving of $10M (waiting to cut him post June) is better than getting a low pick but only saving 1.5M.

I don’t think the cowboys are too concerned about the cap saving this year, as opposed to the next 2-3 years they’ll save by training Collins.

I think a 4th or 5th gets the deal done

I keep reading Jerry will pay the bill now and that Dallas doesnt want any post June 1 cuts/trades as dead money rolls over to 2023.  Jerry wants a clean slate and over 70M in cap space and they want a good draft pick for Collins - that could be a 3rd or 4th? Or higher with a swap?

It seems as if many teams are involved and it may get more expensive than we think, but his contract is so great.

On rumor supposedly out of Baton Rouge (Collins people) was that the Bengals had a deal contingent on Collins passing his physical and the Cowboys came back and wanted more... no idea the validity but there seems to be plenty of interest.

I would think all teams involved would want this wrapped up tomorrow....

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins - casear2727 - 03-13-2022, 01:18 PM