Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Goodberry's thoughts on PFF grades
(03-12-2022, 11:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: But see, that’s kind of the problem. People believe it does in fact represent if someone is good or bad, so much so they question coaches, GMs, teams based on these ratings that we have both accepted aren’t actually accurate, simply more accurate than average fans deciding. I guess a fair way to view it would be when debating with other people I guess go for it, when trying to second guess people in the NFL it’s worthless.

When people say things like, xyz sucks see his PFF grade why is coach playing him? He must be an idiot. That false empowerment of fans is literally why NFL people tend to hate PFF because it falsely makes fans think they have an idea of who is good or bad.

I mean this doesn’t even get into the bias that exists, which does in most things, when dealing with name players. Since it is humans doing the scoring, even with guidance, you have bias towards people based on preconceived notions. Good players get more benefit of doubt and bad players get far less which ends up just furthering confirmation bias.

Yes, that all makes sense, but the way you say it makes it come off like, "Just trust the coaches."
But in reality, nothing we ultimately say on a message board is going to influence whether a team keeps, adds, or releases a player anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Goodberry's thoughts on PFF grades - ochocincos - 03-13-2022, 07:37 PM