Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-13-2022, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thanks for the contribution, I assume you watched Collins this season and in 2019, possibly earlier, let me ask you a Coach question.

Considering these 5 factors:

1. 2022 he played after missing 21 straight games
2. 2022 he played coming off hip surgery/rehab
3. Perhaps a better attitude on a new team?
4. Perhaps a chip on his shoulder to prove the Cowboys wrong?
5. More receptive to Pollack's coaching?   (Philbin has a long history as a coach, but in reading/watching several Dallas insiders there are constant complaints regarding Philbin's relationship with his oline group, there have also been negative remarks regarding Philbin and players in the past with other teams.)

In your opinion, does Collins have the talent level to be a better player this coming season due to being fully healthy and back into the mix of playing games, having a renewed attitude shift, a resolve and determination to prove Dallas wrong, and maybe a better rapport with Pollack?

And if so, what is his potential ceiling?

Thanks in advance.

Improvement. I have enormous respect for pro athletes. So, yes, they improve over time because they have to. Their jobs depend on it. Up until their physicality starts to decay their game. Collins best two seasons are his last two seasons. Whitworth’s peak years were with the Rams and not the Bengals. Former Bengal Evan Mathis didn’t get his first Pro Bowl nod until he was 32. He will get better. As I have stated, I’m not against trading for him, but I would rather concentrate on IOL because of the glut of reasonable upgrades (more bang for the dollar). Moses Morgan would probably be who I prefer they target.

Attitude. I don’t really have any comment on his locker room situation other than last year he was named Team Captain for a week (bizarrely McCarthy changes captains every week). I far more worried about him missing drug tests. Recreational MJ isn’t legal in Texas so I do have a problem with that should he arrested and not be available game day(s). And of course, him trying to bribe a league official speaks volumes about his character or lack thereof. Combined, these are some serious red flags for me (along with the ever present injury situation). At $10 mil per - I say walk away.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - CoachGeorge - 03-14-2022, 02:10 PM