Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we rolling with Sample as the starting TE?
(03-15-2022, 12:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't have to be a doctor to understand the severity and limiting effect that back issues can have on an athletes abilities.  However, if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend the issue isn't real, that's fine by me;  But there's no reason to go puffing the guy up on some college accolades that are quite common to NFL players in general, and equally common in early round players who bust for one reason or another.

I don't pretend that his back was never an issue.  In fact his back could be a big reason we have signed two guys who can play guard and have not released Hopkins.

But what got this all started was Frank saying Carman's chances of being a good a starter were no better than Thaddeus Moss.  And that is just silly.  Carman was a top player on college and was taken high in the draft.  The Bengals might have taken him a little too high but almost all the rankings had him going in the first 3 rounds.  2nd Team All American.  Top 100 prospect.  The guy has a lot of potential.  Moss, on the other hand never even sniffed All-Conference.  He is short for a TE (6'2") and had what one scout called a "bad body".  He is so slow I can't even find a forty time on him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we rolling with Sample as the starting TE? - fredtoast - 03-16-2022, 10:45 AM