Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you defend your country?
Well, that turned out as expected. Takes only one guy to see this as proof that Democrats hate their country, and he was bound to show up.

My biggest take is that it is pointless to irresponsible to conduct such polls. Nothing good comes out of asking such a hypothetical question and then correlate it with party affiliation. There might be reasons to choose the flee option other than a lack of patriotism or cowardice. For one, reasonably one could assume that such an attack on the home continent is more or less bound to be an imminent nuclear attack, in which case staying might seem like quite a pointless death.

And of course republicans are prone to be on the stay and fight side. For quite some of them, this is nothing less then part of their identity, to be prepared to fight bad guys and for freedom and such. Also, that demographic is quite male dominated, and males are just more likely to be expected to stay and fight in the first place. And while not saying some might just exaggerate their own heroism, Donald Trump also claimed he probably would just run into a school with an active shooter to save kids, something I personally only believe when I see it.

But sure, those that choose to see it a different way are going to claim this is just more proof that republicans are the only real americans for their heroic willingness to say they'd defend the country to a pollster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-15-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - CJD - 03-16-2022, 07:53 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Would you defend your country? - Rotobeast - 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - hollodero - 03-16-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-17-2022, 05:32 PM