Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you defend your country?
(03-16-2022, 09:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I were to guess... I'm going to say the psychology points to the "fish in a barrel" situation. There are many Dems are packed into large cities and may feel an aggressor could cut off necessities or decimate large swaths of the city efficiently. The R's probably feel more confident in evading and retaliating with large portions of them populating rural areas that have much more cover and resources for survival. I know most of the people in my area would scream "Wolverines !" and chuckle somewhat maniacally as they skip towards the woodline.

Eh.  I don't know.  They are surely some dems that refuse to own guns out of some misguided moral duty, but I think the generalization is probably less true than false.  if a dem lives in an urban environment, particularly a recently gentrified one, I'd say there's a decent chance that they've came to the decision to own a firearm "just in case".  They may not wear punisher shirts or have whatever percent stickers on their Tesla, but that doesn't equal no gun.  

What's more, urban warfare is probably the least looked forward to form of engagement for any invading force.  We see it in the Ukraine right now, just as we have in Iraq and Chechnya in the past.  No matter how powerful the aggressor may be, it gets really ugly.  

America being 'Merica and all, I have to think there'd be enough guns in urban areas to make life pretty unenjoyable for any group wanting to enter into that kind of operation.  I mean, there might not be a ton of white hipster libs stockpiling ARs in major cities, but there sure as shit are guns and lot of them, not to mention an entire class of people that have engaged in a light urban warfare of their own through the drug trade.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-15-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - CJD - 03-16-2022, 07:53 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Would you defend your country? - Rotobeast - 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - samhain - 03-16-2022, 06:26 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-17-2022, 05:32 PM