Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-17-2022, 03:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who's getting big money that wouldn't allow for 2 more additions to the line? I don't see any.... And also please bolden the rest of the sentence where I said there were options.

Also can you show TE's.... 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/all/

Which CB or TE would you rather sign then a combo of Tretter and Collins? We can discuss respectfully.

I'll start. None.

Honestly, I think that you have to fill the voids at CB and TE, before you make any more OL changes.  With that said, by cutting Waynes and Hopkins, it puts the Bengals back up around $30M in available money, and you gain another $2.4 if you decide to upgrade RT and cut Fred Johnson.  

To get the ball rolling, I'd try to sign Tretter first and cut Hopkins.  Ensuring that the interior of the OL is able to protect Joe and open some running lanes is the most important thing this team can accomplish this offseason.  Then, I'd go after CB and release Waynes, what would happen after that would depend on the amount paid to the new CB.  Then, if you go cheap at TE (Not a featured 1st or 2nd option in the Bengals offense, anyway), you then gather up what's left combined with the Fred Johnson money and try to make a deal for a new RT.  If the RT you're looking at is expensive, you may have to go the signing bonus route and defer some of the money to later years. 

There are literally lots of good players left out there at most every position and price point, maybe just not the 1st or 2nd names that either you or I had in mind prior to the free agency season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2022, 03:54 PM