Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you defend your country?
(03-17-2022, 05:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: Haha, this actually made me think about it for a minute....I think there's some merit to this thought but I would assume that means the invading country leaves after the goal is accomplished?  Chances are an invading country would not leave and if we follow the stereotype, i'm doubtful many people would welcome a new foreign rule.  

If you really think a large segment of GOP voters are "mulling over the value of having a civil war and overthrowing our own government" then I think it's reasonable to assume those same people wouldn't just suddenly and blindly trust a foreign government...if they don't trust their own government why in the world would they trust a foreign one?  

So now that i thought this through, I don't think it's much of a playbook.  :)

I think if Putin invaded America and promised to install Trump in a position of power, restore the integrity of our elections by kicking Joe Biden out of office, and joining with the patriots here to put an end to the corrupt Communist baby-killing agenda the dangerous liberals he'd get some support, yes.

Any foreign government that is going to "take over" would convince us that they are simply helping us cure what ails us.  Face it, a lot of Americans think this country is a shithole that has gone way off the rails and needs to break a few eggs in order to get great again.

(03-17-2022, 05:32 PM)treee Wrote: This is a ridiculous sentiment. The mutual defense of our country is something that transcends partisan lines and is a cornerstone of our states being united. 

Maybe...but I don't see us being land invaded any time soon.  What I do see are a lot of Americans who really hate each other, so I'm not convinced our ability to rally around a common cause/invader is as guaranteed as it should be.  Maybe saying that Americans want to kill each other is a bit much, but seeing the unrest in the summer, the whole 1/6 thing, a complete lack of trust in our democratic process, and people basing their perception of covid upon whether red areas or blue areas were currently suffering from it has me thinking we may already have evidence that we won't rally against a common enemy.

All I'm saying is if Putin invaded tomorrow and said he was here to install Trump, the defending American forces in my area would be pretty slim.

And keep in mind if Trump gets reelected in 2024 a bunch of liberals are probably going to start praying that someone will come liberate the USA from him...maybe Zelinsky will do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-15-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - CJD - 03-16-2022, 07:53 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Would you defend your country? - Rotobeast - 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - Nately120 - 03-17-2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-17-2022, 05:32 PM