Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Karras will be the starting Center
(03-19-2022, 12:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman has shown nothing thus far. He performed worse than Adeniji, aka the worst starting RG in the league

If he played ok, but was always injured, I might feel differently. But Carman was legit terrible. If he turned into a slightly below average guard in 2022, that would be one of the biggest 1 year leaps I’ve seen

I don't know why he couldn't knock Adeniji out of the lineup at RG but i just went back and watched every snap he took at LG and he was more than adequate. If you have the ability, go back and watch him there.

He got 12 mop up snaps in the 2nd pitt game and didn't give up anything. Next he played 41 snaps in the 1st KC game and the dude is strong. In the run game he was pushing Reed and Jones off the ball. Good at getting to the 2nd level but he sometimes has trouble engaging there. Pass pro he was good against Reed but so-so against Jones but Jones is quick for a guy his size. One time though, he drove Jones 3 yds to the right and pancaked him. He played 54 snaps against Cleveland in the final RS game and didn't give up anything. 

He was noticibly better at LG than RG and in 107 snaps he gave up a grand total of 2 hurries. That was it. If he's healthy, he's no worse than average at LG and he's worlds better and stronger than Adeniji. Carman doesn't own a pair of roller skates and he's active and he stayed on his feet. Also, he doesn't just lock on to the first guy. He looks for action. 

Go back and watch him at LG and you'll change your mind on "legit terrible". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Karras will be the starting Center - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022, 01:10 AM