Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 FA Round-Up: Signed, Re-Signed, Lost
(03-20-2022, 01:07 PM)bk42 Wrote: As much I'd love to see them add Armstead or Collins, there's gonna come a time soon where they will need an offensive lineman or two on rookie contracts that can play.  With big pay days ahead for Burrow, Chase and others, maybe the way to go is just adding a solid veteran at RT (1 or 2 year deal) with a 1st or 2nd rd pick behind him this year.  And then maybe a veteran LG (Spain) with Carman behind him.  Both with the hopes that the younger guys will be quality starters in the future.

Obviously the better the veteran RT or LG/C are, the better it will be in the short term - but I think the short term deals with be important for the Bengals retaining their younger skill position players in the future

And in writing this, I do not get why the signed Fred Johnson to come back at 2.4M.  Unless, they think he's gonna play a lot, this seems like a waste of cap space as they have other young backup lineman already under contract at cheaper salaries.  

Anyway, just some thoughts on a rainy Sunday

I would also say that guys like Bates ($12.9 on franchise tag), Boyd ($10.1 mil, FA after '23), Mixon ($11.42 mil, Club option after '23), and Reader ($13.66 mil  FA after '23) all come off the books w/in 2 years, or could.  

Having a rookie scale S (Daxton Hill?), RB, WR, or NT who can play sure would be nice, too. The need is not as great as OL ATM because we have frontlines guys who can play. Gonna have to make a decision on Jonah after this year as well. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 FA Round-Up: Signed, Re-Signed, Lost - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-20-2022, 02:40 PM