Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, they did it, we have Glass Eaters.
(03-21-2022, 12:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: One does not completely revamp an OL to make the OL coach look good.  You do it because you had trash on your OL.  

An OL that performed less than adequately when healthy and abysmal when not.  To me this complete overhaul speak to the previous tactics and tendencies of the former coach. not the current one.  This complete revamp speaks to how truly bad they were.  How you can blame Pollack for guys who likely wouldn't otherwise have had jobs is beyond me.  Outside of Spain, the guys we didn't bring back will likely be backups at best on minimal contracts.

The OL was decent before Reiff got hurt and had improved. They were exposed in the playoffs. Pollack is on the clock. He’s got his guys mostly. Of course he’s got to mold them all but the sub plots are Carman, Smith, Prince, and possibly Spain. This team had an unusually good year injury wise. It was dreadful in 2020. 2022 likely will be in between. The Bengals roster is exceedingly better but Baltimore and Tampa (receivers) and Cleveland are examples where injuries matter. Pollack has to get Carman in gear. Sounds like they’ve had a come to Jesus meeting with him. Prince, Spain, and whoever’s left is fighting for a roster spot. I said earlier before FA competition could be a huge motivator this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, they did it, we have Glass Eaters. - Soonerpeace - 03-21-2022, 12:54 PM