Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, they did it, we have Glass Eaters.
(03-20-2022, 11:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I could have seen one signing as “enough” In their eyes.  We all knew better.  This could be the best line since 2005/2015, and those lines saw Palmer/Dalton as MVP candidates and opened holes in our running game.  Mixon should be as excited as burrow for next year.

We all should be excited. I don't know how this Offense can be stopped if you can't get to Burrow or stop the running game.

Pick your poison, load the box Burrow tears you up and we score lots of points with Chase and company.

Go after Burrow and don't get home and he will also shred Defenses as he is great under pressure.

Then run the ball with Mixon who will now actually have holes. All these guys are great run blockers.

This is where we upgraded immensely, people can say that Karras isn't that much of an upgrade at Center cause of the PFF 
grades but this isn't true. Karras is ten times the run blocker that Hop was, nothing against Hop, it was just his weakness.

(03-21-2022, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I actually think Carman will be just fine at LG. He's one more year removed from back surgery, he knows the system, and more importanly he has strength on both sides of him now instead of weakness. He can play the left guard spot and not worry about what the Center and Right Tackle are doing. He's also back to the left side. And probably most importantly, they just added 3 Super Bowl rings to the line, and these guys are all business all the time. I think what is about to happen to the oline room can't be overstated. Just like Chase set the tone in the WR room with his downfield blocking, Karras, Cappa and Collins will set the tone in the O line room and show the new guys what it means to be a pro's pro. (still want them to sign Spain just in case)

Feel the same about Carman and also would like us to bring back Spain just in case the back problems come back.

Spain shouldn't be too spendy and seems optimistic about a return, he played well when not injured.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, they did it, we have Glass Eaters. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-21-2022, 01:38 PM