Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ohio Students Given Given Sexually Explicit Lesson Plans
Two quick things as I was thinking about this again last night:

1) Should it be taught?  I suppose that is debatable based on the level of school and how it is presented.  If my son or daughter came to me and said they were asked to use those writing prompts I'd be taken aback and ask what they thought about it before I'd demand the resignation of every school board member or whoever.  

If a parent doesn't want their child to use those prompts that should be their prerogative rather than throwing out the entire book or wanting heads on a platter, IMHO.

2) I said "I'm sure there are absolutely zero high school seniors taking a college prep course that has ever heard such things as "sex". "orgasm" and "beer". [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]"  but thinking back I might have known those terms as a 16-17 year old senior in high school but would not have had a scene I could reference to write about anyway.  Being raised in a good Catholic home with a stay at home mother and no cable until I was 13-14 I wasn't as exposed to such things as some of my classmates.  

I'm sure my mother would have had a fit about such an assignment if I told her.  But also I would have spoken to the teacher that I really could NOT use those prompts truthfully.

But that just brings it back to allowing each family to make that decision.

The decision to use the book in the first place is a different question.  Who cleared it and why?  But if those are the worst prompts out of 642 maybe they got missed.

Still seems to be a big ado about not much that could have been handled without the grandstanding, again IMHO.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio Students Given Given Sexually Explicit Lesson Plans - GMDino - 03-21-2022, 01:57 PM