Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a Lifelong Cincinnati Reds Fan, I NEVER Though in a Million Years I'd Say This ...
(03-21-2022, 10:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not really a baseball fan but I read the other day that Ken Griffey Jr. is currently the 6th highest paid player (ex-player really) on the Reds payroll due to differed salary. He's apparently getting paid $3,593,750 this year.   Anyway I found that interesting.

What a joke. 

I used to be a big baseball fan and huge Reds fan.  Not anymore.  I do still pull for the Reds but invest zero in them, never go to games, rarely watch unless they happen to be in contention.

I think it stems from the fact that MLB just can't seem to figure it out like the NFL has.  The salary cap and free agency in the NFL keeps the playing field level for all.  It basically boils down to which organization is the best at business management year in and year out.  Everyone has a chance eventually.

Not in baseball, it's the haves and have nots.  Those with the big market money consistently complete and most of the time the others don't.  Count me out.  Baseball is dying a slow death and they are too stupid to realize it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: As a Lifelong Cincinnati Reds Fan, I NEVER Though in a Million Years I'd Say This ... - Daddy-O - 03-22-2022, 09:30 AM