Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
(03-22-2022, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To the OP, other team's fans will hate on us more the more we win. As for the media, I don't watch espn, but for the last couple of day every time I get in the car NFL Sirius is talking about them and raving. (Usually, they just get a blurb here and there) Kay Adams, to no one's surprise, was singing their praises the other day when her co-hosts were picking the AFC best teams. 

To the Watson suspension, they were talking about that and said the nfl is in a tough place, because they only gave Piggy 4 games, then reduced it to two. If they drop the hammer on Watson, it'll appear racist. 

I think what the league does will depend greatly on how Watson plays.. Dollars beat every other consideration in the league. If a player is proven good enough they can get away with most anything as long as a jury isn't tossing them in prison. If they play so-so it gives the league much more incentive to come down hard..The league by law isn't required to do anything at all..it'll be strictly a business decision with PR considerations mixed in with it.. Most fans aren't going to really care enough to boycott games or TV. A few women may care, but they're not the leagues biggest financial supporters by any stretch. They pay lip service to women at best with little pink things and that's about it..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better? - grampahol - 03-22-2022, 01:19 PM